MALMO, Sweden (AP) — Sweden’s Disgusting Food Museum is opening a three-month temporary exhibit this weekend with revolting alcohol.
The exhibits include an Icelandic beer made with whale testicle that’s been smoked in sheep’s dung and a strong Scottish brew that is served from the mouth of a taxidermied squirrel.
Most of the brews are considered a delicacy somewhere, but can strike many unaccustomed palates as revolting.
The museum director says human beings have always been desperate to get drunk and have been quite inventive when it came to make booze.
Examples include spitting out chewed corn to start a wine-making fermentation processes to people drinking perfume in the Soviet Union or prison wine fermented in a toilet tank.
- Ouachita Parish Fire District Chief passes away following battle with COVID-19
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- Video game developer’s new release to benefit Hurricane Laura victims
- Louisiana releases breakdown of early voting statistics from over 964,000 voters
- White House lists ‘ending the COVID-19 pandemic’ as an accomplishment