The Southeastern Conference is finally set to open its college football season minus the big crowds and some the league’s star players.
The COVID-19 SEC season starts Saturday and features 10 league-only games and won’t have the traditional tailgating scenes.
Gone, too, are some of the league’s best players, including LSU wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase and much-anticipated new Georgia quarterback Jamie Newman.
- President Biden’s COVID aid package meets divided Senate
- Local restaurants make changes for Phase 3
- #8 LSU Wins On Walk-Off Against Nicholls, 5-4
- Lawmakers can’t cite local examples of trans girls in sports
- Disabled veteran, long time radio disc jockey, B.J. Bell to run 100 miles in one month to raise awareness for veteran suicide prevention and mental wellness