(AP) — There was a time when college football fans could have reasonably expected receivers Jaylen Waddle and Ja’Marr Chase to be the marquee players when Alabama visits LSU in November.
But a combination of injuries and pandemic-related opt-outs have take those players and many others in the SEC out of action between fall camp and the halfway point of the schedule.
Opt-outs have thinned rosters at Vanderbilt and Mississippi State, and taken key players from Georgia and Texas A&M.
And Auburn doesn’t yet have a timeline for the return of injured defensive leader K.J. Britt.
- Governors announce changes to COVID-19 restrictions; Louisiana to move to Phase 3 while Texas removes mask mandate
- City of Monroe joins drive through job fair
- FBI director warns of increasing threat of white extremists
- Marie’s Medical: How many types of scrubs are there?
- Farm to Table: Strawberries!