(AP) — There was a time when college football fans could have reasonably expected receivers Jaylen Waddle and Ja’Marr Chase to be the marquee players when Alabama visits LSU in November.
But a combination of injuries and pandemic-related opt-outs have take those players and many others in the SEC out of action between fall camp and the halfway point of the schedule.
Opt-outs have thinned rosters at Vanderbilt and Mississippi State, and taken key players from Georgia and Texas A&M.
And Auburn doesn’t yet have a timeline for the return of injured defensive leader K.J. Britt.
- National Foster Care Awareness Month: Arkansas is sounding the call
- Hometown Health: Vantage Health Plan and Affinity Health Group hiring
- Music City Studios announced as West Monroe-West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce Member of the Month for May
- VCOM looking to fill NELA’s need for primary care physicians
- BOIL ADVISORY: East Richland Water System issues partial boil advisory