WEST MONROE, La. — The ULM vs. La Tech football game scheduled for Saturday, November 21, in Shreveport, Louisiana has been canceled due to on-going COVID-19 concerns in the Warhawks program.
According to ULM Athletics Director Scott McDonald, the cancellation comes after the Warhawks were tested twice following a road trip to Georgia State. Those tests resulted in the isolation and quarantine of some student-athletes, coaches, and administrators.
CDC guidelines and Sun Belt Conference protocols for positive tests and contact tracing do not allow enough time for safe preparations for the Nov. 21 matchup.
ULM head coach Matt Viator has announced that the ULM Warhawks will resume normal football activities this weekend and then turn their attention to the home finale against Louisiana Lafayette on Nov. 28.
- Tokyo Olympics within reach for Ann Arbor teen who smashed HS record
- Louisiana Purchase Gardens & Zoo upgrades three attractions with help from National Guard
- Union Parish man arrested on several charges; including kidnapping and child pornography
- Fauci: Delta variant ‘greatest threat’ to eliminating COVID-19
- Arkansas governor creates outdoor recreation office