LAROSE, La. (AP) – (1/10/20) Cajun pride is surging in the south Louisiana communities where LSU coach Ed Orgeron grew up along the bayou Lafourche.
Top-ranked LSU is looking to close out arguably the greatest season in program history with a victory over No. 3 Clemson on Monday night in the College Football Playoff championship in New Orleans.
Orgeron won a state high championship at South Lafourche High School. His mother Cornelia “Coco” Orgeron still lives on the property where he was raised.
Childhood friends say Orgeron has remained true to his heritage and is virtually the same person they knew growing up.
- Monroe man arrested, charged with First Degree Rape
- Blood drive scheduled for woman injured in Lafayette plane crash
- Newsfeed Now for January 17: Impeachment trial preparations; Chiefs fan gets Andy Reid tattoo
- City of Monroe announces closures for MLK Holiday
- Louisiana woman arrested after purportedly striking intellectually disabled person with broom