NEW ORLEANS, La. (KLFY) The 2020-2021 New Orleans Saints football season will be dedicated to the #SayHerName initiative, officials with the Saints organization announced Friday.
Specifically, supporting Black women in social justice and racial equality is the purpose for which safety Malcolm Jenkins, linebacker Demario Davis, running back Alvin Kamara, punter Thomas Morstead, defensive end Cameron Jordan, linebacker Craig Robertson, left tackle Terron Armstead and quarterback Drew Brees – and the rest of their Saints teammates – have aligned and chosen this season to initiate meaningful change.
“We just wanted to come up with something as a team,” Davis said.
“With all that’s going on, it’s important for us to be unified and show solidarity in all of our actions. If we can’t be unified in the locker room, how can you expect the rest of the country to be unified?
Read the full story, here.
- Football Friday Night: Close games all around, gridiron action on Friday in Louisiana, plus scores
- Boil Advisory: D’Arbonne Water System North
- Biden reacts to death of Justice Ginsburg, rejects quick vote on her successor
- McConnell pledges quick vote on next justice; Biden says no
- AP Exclusive: More migrant women say they didn’t OK surgery