BATON ROUGE, La.– Governor John Bel Edwards has signed a proclamation that sets the date for the special election to determine who will become the new representatives for one of Louisiana’s congressional districts.
According to the Office of the Governor, the special election for the Fifth Congressional District has been set for March 20, 2021. If needed, a runoff election will be held on April 24, 2021.
The special election in the Fifth District comes after the death of Luke Letlow, who passed away in December due to COVID-19 complications.
Qualifying for this race will run from January 20 to January 22, 2021.
Continue reading for the proclamation signed by Gov. Edwards on Wednesday.
- Weekend Forecast: Sunday, April 18th, 2021
- Jualea Hayes hosts “Unity Jam Session” to show unification in Monroe and surrounding cities | Friday Ellis attended
- Good Samaritan returns lost dinosaur stuffed animal to Louisiana boy
- LSU fraternity pays off former cook’s mortgage
- Zydeco legend Leo ‘The Bull’ Thomas dead at 84