BATON ROUGE, La. — On Tuesday, Gov. John Bel Edwards signed a proclamation that pushes Louisiana’s upcoming elections back by three weeks due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Presidential Preference Primary election has been rescheduled from June 20 to July 11. The municipal general election scheduled for July 25 has been moved to August 15.
To read the full proclamation, click here.
- Hispanic Heritage: Honoring indigenous culture through pyrography
- Michael Jordan and Denny Hamlin to start NASCAR team with Bubba Wallace
- Bodycam video shows police shooting a teen after his mom called 911 to have him hospitalized
- University of Georgia fraternity self-suspends after racist messages surface
- Fish & Game Forecast – Tuesday, September 22nd