BATON ROUGE, La. — On Tuesday, Gov. John Bel Edwards signed a proclamation that pushes Louisiana’s upcoming elections back by three weeks due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Presidential Preference Primary election has been rescheduled from June 20 to July 11. The municipal general election scheduled for July 25 has been moved to August 15.
To read the full proclamation, click here.
- Gov. Hutchinson to discuss teacher salary bills Monday afternoon
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: 999 new cases, 25 new deaths reported on Monday
- Police officers in Arkansas rescue suspect after car chase ends in fiery crash
- Reopen Louisiana saying “no to vaccine passports and mandates”
- White House releases report on Louisiana infrastructure needs