BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — (10/24/19) Attorney General Jeff Landry has created a state PAC to attack Democratic incumbent John Bel Edwards in the Louisiana governor’s race.
Landry’s name isn’t listed on the paperwork for the Make Louisiana Great Again PAC filed with Louisiana’s ethics administration office. But Landry’s political consultant Brent Littlefield confirmed Thursday the Republican attorney general is behind the effort.
The PAC launched a 30-second statewide ad that slams Edwards on the criminal sentencing law rewrite he championed, suggesting it damaged public safety.
Landry and Edwards have battled across their four-year term in office. Landry was reelected in the primary, while Edwards was forced into a Nov. 16 runoff against Republican businessman Eddie Rispone.
The criminal justice law changes passed with bipartisan legislative backing and support from conservative, business and religious organizations.
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 2,654 new cases, 31 new deaths on Tuesday
- Rate of guns seized at airport checkpoints jumped in 2020 despite fewer travelers
- GSU and Whataburger to celebrate grand opening of Tiger Resource Room
- ‘No Hard Feelings’: Patriots fans still rooting for Brady