WEST MONROE, La. (9/12/2019) — Between now and Election Day on October 12, 2019, KTVE NBC 10/KARD FOX 14 is doing “Five Questions for The Candidates”. We talked to over 70 candidates in over 20 local contested races in Northeast Louisiana.
Today, we look at the State Senate District 35 race. The candidates are:
- James R. Jim Fannin (R) incumbent
- “Jay” Morris (R)
- Matt Parker (R)
CLICK HERE for our NBC 10/FOX 14’s comprehensive coverage of Election 2019
We ask each candidate running for the District 35 State Senate seat the same five questions:
QUESTION #1: Why are you running for office?
QUESTION #2: What 3 things do you hope to get done during your term should you be elected?
QUESTION #3: As a part of the state legislature, you have to work across the aisle. Do you think you can find compromises with the other party to benefit Northeast Louisiana?
QUESTION #4: What is the biggest issue your parishes are facing that you will be able to tackle?
QUESTION #5: What else would you like to add that we didn’t ask?
- ” … Disappointed in what I’m doing. I still believe … ” Matt Viator disscusses Warhawks’ 0-3 start, what can be fixed
- Sam’s Club unveils “12 Days of Wine” advent calendar
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal