(KTVE/KARD) — This is the proposition on the ballot for Lincoln Parish, Louisiana in November.
City of Grambling Proposition
Shall the City of Grambling (“City”), pursuant to Louisiana Constitution Article VI, Section 29 and Revised Statute 47:338.1 be authorized to levy and collect a tax of one-quarter of one percent (.25%) (“Tax”), upon the sale at retail, use, lease or rental, consumption, and storage for use or consumption of tangible personal property and on sales of services in the City, as defined in Revised Statute 47:301 through 47:317 and as provided by law, with the proceeds after necessary expenses of collecting and administering Tax (estimated at $40,000 per year) to be dedicated and used for constructing, acquiring, improving, operating and/or maintaining buildings, infrastructure, and economic development facilities; acquiring land, equipment, furnishings, and supplies to encourage economic development; assisting and facilitating development of retail centers, health and service centers, industrial centers, educational and job training facilities, and other facilities that will create jobs for residents of the City; entering and participating in Cooperative endeavors with the Grambling Legends Square Taxing District and the Grambling Economic Development Corporation as defined and permitted by the Cooperative Economic Development Law, La. R.S. 33:9020, et. seq.; and other economic development purposes for the benefit of the City beginning January 1, 2021 in perpetuity?
Proposition to authorize sports wagering activities.
Shall sports wagering activities and operations be permitted in the parish of Lincoln? For more information about sports betting click here or the link below.
Other issues on the ballot:
- Amendment 1: No Right to Abortion in Constitution Amendment
- Amendment 2: Include Oil and Gas Value in Tax Assessment of Wells Amendment
- Amendment 3: Use of Budget Stabilization Fund for Declared Disasters Amendment
- Amendment 4: Expenditures Limit Growth Formula Amendment
- Amendment 5: Payments in Lieu of Property Taxes Option Amendment
- Amendment 6: Homestead Exemption Special Assessment Income Limit Amendment
- Amendment 7: Unclaimed Property Permanent Trust Fund Amendment
- Sports Betting
- China has done human testing to create biologically enhanced super soldiers, says top U.S. official
- Murdered at the hands of a dictatorship, ‘the disappeared’ to be recovered from mass graves
- Fish & Game Forecast – Friday, December 4th
- Baby boy, riding in car, killed by gunfire near Washington D.C.
- Masked ‘Too Tall Bandit’ robs another Southern bank in string of 16 suspected heists, reward offered for help in identifying