Vape pen charger blamed in SUV fire

News

(WDIV) – (6/30/19) An Ohio woman says a vape pen charger sparked a fire that destroyed her SUV.

It happened in Woodhaven, Michigan Thursday as Crystal Mounts and her five-year-old son sat in their parked car outside a restaurant.

Mounts says when she took the batteries out of the vape charger, sparks flew and started a fast moving fire inside the vehicle.

Mounts and her son escaped the flames, but by the time firefighters arrived, the SUV was completely engulfed.

Read more: http://bit.ly/2Nkfqkv

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the KTVE/KARD News App from the App Store or Google Play.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Don't Miss

Trending Stories