ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST PARISH, La. (KLFY) — A mother who was pregnant and expecting twins and her 7-year-old son were killed when their car stopped on I-10 headed eastbound and was struck from behind by a pickup truck.
The crash happened Monday just before noon on I-10 near Belle Terre Road.
According to State Police, 27-year-old Tyandra Lewis of Baton Rouge was traveling eastbound on I-10 with her son, another man, and his son, when for unknown reasons, their vehicle stopped in the left lane.
A Ford F-350 driven by Willy Buchan of Tyler, Texas was also traveling eastbound and struck Lewis’ vehicle from behind, police said.
Lewis and her son suffered fatal injuries.
State Police said Lewis was pregnant and expecting twins.
The passenger and his son both sustained non-life-threatening injuries. Both were taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Buchan was not injured. State Police said no impariment was suspected, but that toxicology reports are pending.
- Lieutenant Governor Nungesser announces re-opening of Louisiana Welcome Centers and State Library under recommended Phase 2 guidelines
- Exclusive poll shows support for George Floyd protests, disapproval of Trump’s response
- Dead zone prediction: Larger than average; not near record
- Cinema chain AMC warns it may not survive the pandemic
- Charges for 3 officers involved in Floyd’s death