West Monroe, La. (07/13/20)— On 07/13/20, deputies responded to a call in reference to someone being shot.
Upon arrival, they located the victim laying in the driveway with shotgun wounds to the neck, head, and upper torso.
Deputies spoke with the victim who stated that Joseph Hendricks was the person that shot him.
Deputies also spoke with two witnesses that stated they observed Hendricks in the driveway at the time of the shooting.
The witnesses also stated that once they heard the gunshot, Hendricks fled the scene.
Deputies located Hendricks and he was taken into custody. He was advised of his rights per Miranda, which he stated he understood and waived.
Hendricks was then taken to OCC and booked on the charge of Attempted Second Degree Murder.
- NBC News special series ‘Coronavirus and the Classroom’ heads to primetime tonight
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 1,135 new cases, 41 new deaths on Thursday
- Sen. Kennedy announces $35 million in federal funds for Louisiana transportation projects
- Arkansas man accused of placing dead animals on former neighbor’s grave
- President Trump says UAE to open diplomatic ties with Israel