West Monroe, La. (07/13/20)— On 07/13/20, deputies responded to a call in reference to someone being shot.
Upon arrival, they located the victim laying in the driveway with shotgun wounds to the neck, head, and upper torso.
Deputies spoke with the victim who stated that Joseph Hendricks was the person that shot him.
Deputies also spoke with two witnesses that stated they observed Hendricks in the driveway at the time of the shooting.
The witnesses also stated that once they heard the gunshot, Hendricks fled the scene.
Deputies located Hendricks and he was taken into custody. He was advised of his rights per Miranda, which he stated he understood and waived.
Hendricks was then taken to OCC and booked on the charge of Attempted Second Degree Murder.
- New York dad killed while visiting son at college: ‘His family is destroyed’
- Family Council launches campaign to stop Arkansas recreational marijuana bill
- Joe Burrow’s nonprofit addresses food insecurity and childhood mental health in Louisiana and Ohio
- Mayor Cantrell says DA’s Office is partially to blame for city’s crime problem in GMA3 interview
- NBC 10 News Today: City Wide Fire Drill