Vernon Parish, La. (KTVE/KARD)(02/26/20)— On February 25, 2020, just before 4:30 P.M., Louisiana State Police Troop E responded to a two-vehicle, fatal crash on Entrance Road east of Jeane Chapel Road. This crash claimed the life of a Leesville man.
The initial investigation revealed a 2016 Nissan pickup truck, driven by 69-year-old Mario Sorce, was traveling westbound on Entrance Road.
For reasons still under investigation, Sorce crossed the center line and collided with a 2005 Ford Expedition traveling eastbound.
Sorce, who was unrestrained, sustained serious injuries in the crash and was transported to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The driver of the Expedition, who was properly restrained, sustained moderate injuries and was transported to a local hospital.
Toxicology samples were obtained and submitted for analysis. The crash remains under investigation.
- Sportsbooks call audibles due to COVID-19 in NFL
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- With Charlie Brown specials gone from TV, here’s how to watch them for free
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal