MONROE, La. (KTVE/KARD) — Louisiana is coping with the aftermath of Hurricane Laura with a damage path that stretches from the coast all the way to the northern part of the state.
The Salvation Army Corps in Monroe has prepared their mobile canteen to serve neighborhoods with power outages.
The canteen will travel throughout Monroe and West Monroe to serve lunch from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., and it will return at 4:30 p.m. to serve dinner to the community. Meals are available to anyone in need.
They were able to serve over 300 meals in the Monroe area on Friday, August 28, 2020. The canteen will continue to serve everyday that there is a need throughout the area impacted by Hurricane Laura.
- ULM looks to avoid sweep against the lady red wolves of Arkansas State
- Louisiana Tech looking to sweep the road runners of UTSA
- ULM adds Warhawk alum, Alonzo Hampton, to Terry Bowden’s staff as Assistant Head Coach
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration