Six public schools in Louisiana have been nominated for their performances over the last year.
Those specific public schools in the state have been nominated by the Louisiana Department of Education to receive 2019 National Blue Ribbon Schools awards and they include:
- Haynes Academy School for Advanced Studies, Jefferson Parish
- Early College Academy, Lafayette Parish
- Patrick F. Taylor Science and Technology Academy, Jefferson Parish
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Advanced Studies, Jefferson Parish
- Bayou Black Elementary School, Terrebonne Parish
- St. Charles Elementary School, Lafourche Parish
The first four schools on the list are identfiied as “Exemplary High Performing Schools.”
The last two schools on the list were selected as “Exemplary Achievement Gap Closing Schools.”
“These six schools stand out for their ability to either steadily improve student achievement over subsequent years or consistently remain one of the top performing schools in the state,” said State Superintendent John White. “This is a commendable achievement worthy of this distinguished honor.”
The six nominated schools will find out whether they have been chosen as a 2019 National Blue Ribbon School in September of this year.