LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (04-18-2020) — Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson has created a task force to help the state recover economically from restrictions that were put in place to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.
The governor announced Saturday the task force will be led by Steuart Walton, the grandson of Walmart founder Sam Walton.
Walmart is based in Bentonville, Arkansas.
Hutchinson says the group will focus on helping small businesses because “that’s where we want to be able to get back to work.”
State health officials say one more person has died in Arkansas after contracting the coronavirus, bringing the state’s death toll to 38.
- Grambling kicks off their football season against Deion Sanders and Jackson State University
- NBC 10’s Bode Brooks to host candidate forum show
- City of Monroe children’s dental health event
- Louisiana man accused of shooting two dogs, killing one
- Simmons Sporting Goods hosts the 32nd annual “Big Buck Contest”; More than 3,800 bucks entered