PINEVILLE, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – (10/25/19) A Rapides Parish man is behind bars, accused of using a fake social media account to pose as a woman in order to get hundreds of women to send him illicit photos.
Louisiana State Police say 46-year-old Kevin P. Miles was identified by their Special Victims Unit as a suspect during an investigation that started back in July.
Investigators say Miles used the fake social media account for over 10 years to communicate and/or exchange images with over one thousand social media users.
Based on the information gathered on their investigation, LSP says investigators were able to get a search warrant for a home in Pineville.
Miles was arrested after the search warrant was executed and booked into the Rapides Parish Detention Center. He’s charged with 250 counts of online impersonation.
- ‘All I can do is do better,’ Teen shares social media troubles, hopes to help other young girls before it’s too late
- #15 LSU Softball falls in Game One at NC State
- #3 LSU Gymnastics finishes sixth at NCAA Championships
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- White House COVID-19 Response Team announces additional funding to fight COVID-19 variants