WASHINGTON (WVLA) – (1/25/20) Mayors, parish presidents and representatives from economic development organizations statewide visited the White House Thursday to discuss how Opportunity Zones can benefit Louisianians.
Opportunity Zones are used as an economic development tool, and areas deemed Opportunity Zones are economically-distressed areas that may qualify for preferential tax treatment. Such zones allow investors to receive tax benefits, according to the IRS.
These zones were established after President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in 2017, which will offer capital gains tax relief to investors, White House Director of Regional Communications Weston Y. Loyd wrote.
- Monroe Shooting in a busy neighborhood still under investigation
- Slumping Saints express urgency to clean up their act
- Orgeron: LSU star defender Stingley expected back vs Vandy
- Ethics experts see national security concern in Trump’s debt
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?