SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – (11/21/19) President Donald Trump has nominated U.S. Attorney David Joseph to fill an opening as a federal judge.
Louisiana U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy and John Kennedy says Joseph has been nominated to be an Alexandria-based judge for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana.
“David is smart and incredibly experienced. He is an ideal candidate for the U.S. District Court,” said Sen. Kennedy. “I look forward to working with him during the confirmation process.”
“David Joseph’s extensive experience and knowledge of the law make him a perfect nominee for the bench,” said Sen. Cassidy. “I look forward to his confirmation.”
Joseph has been United States Attorney for the Western District of Louisiana since March 2018. The Western District of Louisiana includes Shreveport and Monroe.
- White House hosts event to share positive police stories as Congress works on reform
- League Lights for July 13, 2020
- What is Phase 4? Why does it affect the start of high school football season in Louisiana? LHSAA Executive Director Eddie Bonine explains to NBC 10
- Ouachita Parish School officials highly encourage graduation attendees to wear masks
- Community responds to Governor Edwards’ mask mandate for state of Louisiana