SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – (2/1/20) A Shreveport man is behind bars, accused of killing another man whose body was found outside of a home early Friday morning in the Queensborough neighborhood.
According to Cpl. Marcus Hines, 54-year-old Glen A. Brooks was charged with second-degree murder Friday afternoon in the death of a 60-year-old man.
It happened just after 2:00 a.m. Friday. Shreveport police say they received a call about a prowler being near a home in the 3200 block of Alabama Avenue. When officers arrived at the scene, they found a man lying unconscious next to the house. An investigation was prompted when EMTs later arrived at the scene and declared that the man was dead.
SPD says during the course of the investigation, they learned that the 60-year-old victim, whose identity has not been released, was involved in a physical fight with another man. Investigators believe the victim died from significant head trauma. Additional information led officers to arrest Brooks at his home in the 3500 block of Catherine Street.
Shreveport police say Brooks was taken to SPD headquarters where he was interviewed by investigators. Following the interrogation, Brooks was booked in the Shreveport City Jail..
- Ramczyk details ‘pride’ Saints take in run game
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Post Malone donates 10,000 pairs of Crocs to frontline medical workers across the country
- Mississippi officials expect 37,000 vaccine doses next week