BATON ROUGE, La. — Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin has announced the launch of a virtual voter assistant called GeauxBot.
GeauxBot is a virtual voter assistant created in partnership with IBM.
The bot is intended to give voters information about the election such as registration deadlines, election dates, polling locations and hours.
I am excited about this new feature which will help answer voters’ questions 24/7. This is yet another way Louisiana is at the forefront of voter outreach and assistance.Secretary of State, Kyle Ardoin
Voters may then follow the instructions below to utilize the feature:
- Select the blue chat icon at the bottom right of the screen. A disclaimer will appear, please read and indicate “I accept”.
- Voters will then be able to choose a topic (Voter Registration, Absentee Voting, Early Voting, Election Day Voting) or enter a specific question into the window.
- GeauxBot will ask prompting questions related to the voter’s question and provide relevant answers.
- Should the voter have further questions, the Elections Division telephone hotline 800.883.2805 is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
GeauxBot is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. . For more information about the Secretary of State’s Elections Division, visit www.GeauxVote.com or call 225.922.0900.
- Two men arrested on first-degree murder charges in St. Mary Parish after human remains found in Gibson
- Man pistol-whipped, shot outside Eunice convenience store
- LPSO arrests Florida man on drug, firearm charges after traffic stop on I-10
- NASA naming headquarters after ‘Hidden Figures’ engineer Mary Jackson
- Man arrested, accused of stranding woman, infant on highway in Louisiana