BEAURGARD PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) – The Beaugard Sheriff Department is warning citizens to be aware of individuals posing as FEMA.
These impostors are offering help to those who have been impacted by Hurricane Laura, but in turn are requiring a large amount of money upfront before providing their services, according to BPSO.
“Please be aware that during times like we are experiencing now that there will be people like this looking to take advantage of you or others in your family. We also encourage looking out for senior members in your families because they are popular targets for these types of individuals looking to take advantage,” said BPSO in a Facebook post.
If anyone has more information on the fake FEMA individuals they are asked to contact BPSO.
- MLK Day of Service: Riverbend clean up
- Monroe plans to get decorative bus benches for the Monroe Transit
- US now says no evidence of ‘kill capture teams’ at Capitol
- What lies ahead for the impeachment process against Trump?
- ‘We want to sound the alarm:’ CDC warns more infectious COVID strain may become dominant in US