NEW ORLEANS, La. (AP) – (1/25/20) A man who had been pointing a gun at people in New Orleans’ historic French Quarter was critically wounded Saturday in a shootout with police.
New Orleans Police Superintendent Shaun Ferguson said officers responded to reports of an armed man near St. Louis and Bourbon streets around 7:30 a.m. Saturday.
When they arrived, an “exchange of gunfire” began and the armed man was hit in the chest.
He’s being treated at University Medical Center, Ferguson said. No officers were injured.
- Despite career night from Self, ULM women’s basketball unable to stop Coastal Carolina
- Bulldogs see double digit lead disappear in final minutes, drop overtime game to Western Kentucky
- Warhawks limited to 36 percent shooting in Thursday loss to UALR; Efretuei recorded a double-double in the defeat
- Roundball Roundup: Girls quarterfinal round edition, several from Louisiana and Arkansas advance
- See how residents and the parish jail are getting by as water crisis continues in Tallulah