LIVINGSTON PARISH, La. (AP) – (1/5/20) Leadership moves are on the horizon for a Louisiana school board after its president was elected to the state House.
Livingston Parish School Board President Buddy Mincey is expected to officially resign next week to start his new role as a state representative, leaving an open seat on the board to be filled.
Mince will be sworn into his new role Jan. 13.
The Advocate reports Mincey will submit his resignation at the board’s Jan. 9 meeting and the board will start the process to find an interim member to serve until the next election in November.
- Louisiana man accused of setting house on fire with kids inside; told authorities drugs, mental illness was to blame
- Local family asks community to help send 100 birthday cards for 100-year-old grandmother
- Arkansas police ask for help identifying truck involved in Morgan Nick kidnapping case
- 15-year-old girl missing from Carencro
- Tigers Drop Game 3 Against Kentucky, Win Series