JENNINGS, La. (KLFY) – Jennings Police tell news outlets a man is in custody following a high-speed chase this morning.
Police Chief Danny Semmes says narcotics agents tried to pull over the suspect after he left a hotel room with a “large amount” of suspected drugs.
He says the suspect refused to pull over and led officers on a chase into Acadia Parish. Semmes says the man threw multiple packages out the window during the pursuit.
The man is now in custody and being booked into the Acadia Parish jail and police are working on retrieving the packages, according to the Chief.
This is a developing story.
- Doctor sentenced to 23 years for recording minor patients on video, posting child pornography to social media
- Hunter killed by a grizzly bear in Alaskan national park
- Shreveport man sentenced to 19 years in federal prison
- Town of Tullos issues system wide boil advisory
- Despite Louisiana Tech’s late-game thriller, still plenty to work on before playing Houston Baptist this weekend