BATON ROUGE, La. (KLFY) Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards has just announced that a member of his staff has died following complications from COVID-19.
“On behalf of the First Lady of LA and my entire administration, it is with heavy hearts that we mourn the loss of our dear April, who succumbed to complications from COVID-19.” the Governor said.
He continued: “She brightened everyone’s day with her smile and was an inspiration to everyone who met her.”
Edwards said “April” was the chair of the Louisiana Developmental Disabilities Council and a member of his staff.
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: LDH reporting 245 new cases, 11 new deaths in Tuesday update
- City of Monroe, Food Bank of NELA to distribute food boxes May 29
- ‘World of Dance’ returns with new twists for an exciting fourth season
- Monroe Police searching for man wanted for 2nd Degree Battery of a Dating Partner
- OPSO asking for public’s help to identify suspect in debit card fraud case