LIVINGSTON PARISH, La. (WVLA) – (1/8/20) A drunk driver created a strange scene for the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office early Saturday morning.
Craig Trippi, Jr., of French Settlement, ran into a ditch in the 23,000 stretch of Highway 22 just after 2 a.m.
Sheriff’s deputies arrived on scene to find Trippi sitting in the middle of the road with a Honda Civic situated in a nearby ditch.
“Attached to the vehicle was a hose that led to a nearby fire truck,” Sheriff Jason Ard explained.
According to the sheriff, after driving into the ditch Trippi walked back to the fire station where he had once worked to find useful equipment.
“He was able to gain access to equipment, and then hopped in a fire truck, drove it to the scene of the crash, and attempted to use that fire truck to dislodge the vehicle by attaching a fire hose to both.
“This action caused damage to the fire truck and the Civic.”
Trippi was placed in the Livingston Parish Detention Center, with bond set a $3,500.
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: Louisiana growing closer to 40,000 total cases
- Target set to temporarily close some stores amid George Floyd protests
- Massive US protests raise fears of new virus outbreaks
- City of Monroe Official Statement About The Killing of George Floyd
- Weekend Forecast – Saturday, May 30th