NEW ORLEANS, La. (AP) – (12/13/19) A former Roman Catholic Church deacon in New Orleans has been indicted on a charge that he raped an altar boy 40 years ago.
The New Orleans district attorney’s office says in a news release that 84-year-old George Brignac was charged by a grand jury Thursday.
He was arrested in September.
Brignac was defrocked as a deacon in 1988 amid allegations of abuse.
He had been acquitted of a separate abuse charge in 1978.
District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro says there is no Louisiana time limit for prosecuting race cases involving children younger than 12.
- Hog wild: U.S. and Texas have ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Beta crawling toward Texas, Louisiana coast
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- ULM’s football team opens up their home opener versus Texas State
- Annual Southern Nationals remote control racecar championship hosted at Ike Hamilton Expo Center