NEW ORLEANS, La. (WVLA) – (1/23/20) A historic New Orleans brewery that’s been shuttered since Hurricane Katrina will officially reopen in a new location this weekend.
News outlets report the grand opening of Dixie Brewery is scheduled for Saturday.
The brewery originally opened in 1907. Floods and looting after the hurricane contributed to its closure.
Now, the new facility boasts a bar, cafe, outdoor space, museum and games.
The company also plans to offer tours showing parts of the production process.
The new brewery has created jobs for more than 40 people.
- Study: Unemployment may be low, but many jobs don’t pay enough
- 70-year-old St. Martinville man arrested on aggravated crime against nature charge
- City council will discuss changing the names of two streets
- How farmers are dealing with the large amount of rainfall hitting the ArkLaMiss
- Dallas PD recruitment at Grambling State University