BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) – (1/8/20) Four cabins are nearly ready to open at a northeast Louisiana state park hit by a tornado in May.
The state Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism says the cabins at Jimmie Davis State Park can be booked now for stays beginning Jan. 24. Spokeswoman Sharon Broussard says 15 cabins, 33 campsites and both lodges are still being repaired.
A May 8 tornado hit Jimmie Davis State Park on Caney Lake in Chatham. There was park-wide damage, mostly from fallen trees. The park has a total of 73 campsites and 19 cabins.
- LHSAA baseball playoffs continue | West Monroe & OCS roll over opponents
- Celebrating 28 years of service at KTVE/KARD; Congratulations Phil Duckworth!
- Distant jurors to hear Mississippi police killing trial
- Biden move to share vaccine designed to spread US influence
- Weak jobs report spurs new arguments over big fed spending