NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Drew Brees doesn’t want the Saints to make their upcoming playoff run about him, even if the record-setting quarterback’s career could now end on any given weekend.
Brees turns 42 on Jan. 15 and hasn’t committed to playing another season. His extraordinary career could end with either the next Saints loss or a Super Bowl victory.
But Brees bristles at the notion that his career should overshadow the story of the Saints’ 2020 season.
Brees says he didn’t come back this season for himself. He says he came back for his team and the city he represents.
- Louisiana governor increases sentence commutations in 2020
- 12-year-old track star goes viral, gains attention from ESPN
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Is there life after death? Businessman offers nearly $1 million to find out