SPRINGFIELD, S.C. (CNN) – A nine year old boy died after his father accidentally shot him while hunting on Thanksgiving Day.
Colton Williams was out rabbit hunting with his father and a family friend when his dad accidentally shot him, according to family members. The group was hunting in Orangeburg County.
Colton was a fourth grade student at Kelly Edwards Elementary School in Williston. The Williston School District says counselors will be at the school on Monday and will be available throughout the week, or longer, if needed.
- ‘Law & Order’ franchise finales feature cast crossover
- FDA chief: Infant formula shortages could begin to ease within days
- KTVE/KARD host ribbon-cutting ceremony for new studio
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez engaged to longtime boyfriend Riley Roberts
- Live centipedes, dried sea cucumbers seized from California ports: CBP