NATCHEZ, Miss. (AP) — A human skull recovered from the Mississippi River bank in Natchez is being sent to the state crime lab for forensic analysis. The Natchez Democrat reports Adams County Coroner James Lee said his office was notified Thursday that the skull was on the bank near where he recovered a boot July 6 with what appeared to be human remains. Lee says it’s too early in the investigation to know if the two findings are connected.
- Texas family’s missing dog accidentally adopted out by shelter, not likely to be returned
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: 504 new cases, 30 news deaths reported on Friday
- Senate prepares for COVID-19 relief bill voting marathon Friday
- “It’s opened up a whole new world for him”: 11-month-old Clifton Forge boy hears music for the first time
- Cuomo aides altered nursing home report to hide COVID death count, reports say