CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cleveland Browns have added a national champion to their secondary.
They selected LSU’s Grant Delpit with the No. 44 overall pick in the NFL draft.
Delpit won the Jim Thorpe Award as college football’s best defensive back last season, helping the Tigers to the NCAA title.
He will be reunited in Cleveland with former LSU teammate Greedy Williams, a cornerback taken by the Browns in the second round last year.
Delpit has already shown a knack for trash talking.
He believes he helps give the Browns the best secondary in the NFL.
- Arkansas Pharmacists Association works to expand access to the vaccine by bringing it directly to homes
- Senior Night: Claiborne Christian’s Cameron Ashley
- ‘Saving our Sons & Daughters’ initiative seeks to find solutions against teen violence in the Golden Triangle
- Colonial Pipeline not expected to impact ArkLaMiss gas prices, supply
- Louisiana man found guilty in fatal fight over tennis shoes