LAKE CHARLES, La. (AP) — Police in southwest Louisiana say two 18-year-olds are accused in three drive-by shootings over seven days.
Lake Charles police said in a news release Monday that bond has been set at $750,000 each for Tyrell Byrd and Kiynen Davon Chieves.
Capt. Kevin Kirkum says evidence at the scenes linked them to a shooting on Nov. 21 at a home with six occupants and shootings Nov. 24 and 27 at a second home, which had three occupants. Nobody was hit.
Kirkum says each man was arrested on nine counts of attempted murder and nine counts of assault by drive-by shooting.
- AP source: Lawmakers threatened ahead of impeachment trial
- ‘He’s biting me!’: Woman’s face bitten in street attack by group of men
- Five people, including pregnant woman, killed in ‘act of mass murder’
- Actor Gregory Sierra of ‘Barney Miller’ and ‘Sanford and Son’ dies at age 83
- Former LA Tech Bulldog, L’Jarius Sneed, and a lot of former LSU Tigers are headed to the Super bowl for the Chiefs and the Bucs