NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Officials in New Orleans say vandals broke into an amusement park in the city and went on a rampage, causing $10,000 worth of damage.
A New Orleans City Park spokesperson said Tuesday the break-in happened over the weekend at the Carousel Gardens Amusement Park.
The spokesperson says the perpetrators broke windows and pieces of a 100-year-old carousel.
Officials say the vandals also left behind graffiti of “racially charged” messages. There was another break-in at the park earlier last week.
Officials say they are offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction of those responsible.
- NOPD searching for pair potentially from Baton Rouge as ‘persons of interest’ in 2012 homicide case
- The West Monroe Police Department will offer free COVID vaccines on Wednesday, December 1st
- Student kills 3, wounds 6 at Michigan school, authorities say
- Rock 106 to host 19th annual Christmas for Kids Toy Drive
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 589 new cases, 7 new deaths on November 30