NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Officials in New Orleans say vandals broke into an amusement park in the city and went on a rampage, causing $10,000 worth of damage.
A New Orleans City Park spokesperson said Tuesday the break-in happened over the weekend at the Carousel Gardens Amusement Park.
The spokesperson says the perpetrators broke windows and pieces of a 100-year-old carousel.
Officials say the vandals also left behind graffiti of “racially charged” messages. There was another break-in at the park earlier last week.
Officials say they are offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction of those responsible.
- Top 5 Matchup: Saints passing defense vs. Falcons passing offense
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- JKC Cleaning Service offers businesses and residents a solution in fighting against COVID-19
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications