BATON ROUGE, La. (1/12/20) Candidate registration for the Louisiana’s presidential primary has ended.
Fourteen Democrats signed up for the ballot and four Republicans are challenging President Donald Trump for the GOP nomination.
The April 4th election is a rare closed party primary in Louisiana.
That means only registered Republicans can vote on the April ballot to determine who will win the state’s GOP presidential nomination, while only registered Democrats can choose among the contenders for the state’s Democratic presidential nomination.
The three-day candidate signup period wrapped up Friday.
- Hearing seeks to move protest shooter for trial in Wisconsin
- Feds open civil rights investigation into Kansas teen killed by police during wellness check
- Protests erupt after homeless Black man fatally shot by California deputy
- Morning Forecast – Friday, September 25th
- French prosecutors are investigating Tokyo Olympics bid for possible bribery