BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) – (1/12/20) Two Republican congressmen from Louisiana say $1.25 million in federal money has been reallocated to revise plans for a proposed south Louisiana hurricane protection project.
Republican Whip Steve Scalise and Rep. Garrett Graves say the revision will reflect construction in Terrebonne and Lafourche parishes by local and state agencies and will allow updated and more efficient designs.
They say this should change the current estimated cost of the Morganza-to-the-Gulf project from $14 billion to “more realistic figures.”
- Monroe City Council will vote on resolution that addresses illegal dumping
- Louisiana Delta Community College host Crappie University to over 100 fishermen
- Troubles mount for Shreveport man charged with murder
- Appeals challenge scrapping of Louisiana Medicaid contracts
- The Food Bank of NELA raised money for those who struggle with hunger