ALEXANDRIA, La. (KLFY) — Authorities say a missing Florida teen has been rescued from a Louisiana motel where she was being held captive by an Alabama man now charged with kidnapping and rape.
The Alexandria Daily Town Talk reports 30-year-old Jonathan Andrew Gibson was jailed without bond in Alexandria, Louisiana, as of Thursday.
A police statement says a tip related to a missing 14-year-old led them to a motel room, where they found the girl suffering minor injuries.
Police say subsequent interviews revealed the girl had been sexually assault by the Lillian man.
Details about her disappearance are unclear. It’s unclear whether Gibson has a lawyer.
- Triple P T makes donation to the Salvation Army in midst of COVID-19 pandemic
- Doctors, nurses face ‘moral injury’ dilemma with COVID patients
- High School principal builds COVID-killing machine
- 18 wheeler overturns on U.S. 165 under I-20, Monroe Police redirecting traffic
- Talk of mask mandate for Louisiana schools causing friction