White pelicans have been sitting behind Walter Vail’s home for some time now, but in the last couple of months they have piled up even more. “Well the pelicans started out about six or seven years ago, and it was five at that time. Two pair and a single. And they slowly increased. And in the last three years they’ve jumped. We’re sitting around somewhere around 200 or 225”, said Farmerville home owner Walter Vail.
Vail has served 30 years in the service in the government, but he almost seems to be an expert with white pelicans in his back yard.
“They leave every afternoon and go off to the feeding grounds and they come back in the morning about daylight. And start gathering and they’ll gather most of the day. Some come in even late this afternoon. But then by dusk they’ll all go out and vacate the area. And stay all gone all night and come back in the morning”, said Vail.
- Life-saving vests to be delivered to SPD K9s at Run Like An Animal 5K
- Roundball Roundup: Ouachita clashes with West Monroe; OCS girls keep the wins coming
- U.S. mayors say their cities need money, infrastructure at meeting with Pres. Trump
- LSU’s starting lineup not set with season on the horizon
- LSU Dual-Athlete Mo Hampton ready for baseball following championship season