MONROE, La. — The Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Office is now investigating a shooting that claimed the life of one man over the weekend.
According to OPSO, deputies responded to a shooting in the 100 block of Blackwood Drive on Saturday, December 7, at approximately 10:41 PM.
The victim, identified as Edgar Lewis, was found at the scene and taken to a local hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries.
No arrests have been made at this time and the investigation is continuing.
We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available.
- George Kittle: From fifth-round pick to Pro Bowler
- Javonte Smart Scores 20 as LSU Earns Road Win at Ole Miss, 80-76
- 13 year-old, 14-year old charged in early morning shooting in Lafayette
- LSU Women’s Hoops Host No. 11 Kentucky in “We Back Pat” Game
- New Iberia City Councilwoman arrested on DWI, child endangerment charges