New York (NBC) (01/14/21)— Operators of a towering New York City tourist attraction closed the structure until further notice this week following following multiple suicides at the site.
The Vessel in Hudson Yards on the far west side of Manhattan has been the scene of three deaths by suicide since it opened last year, the most recent occurring on Monday, the New York Times reported.
And now operators of the 150-foot set of spiraling staircases will close it while they consult with suicide-prevention experts, NBC New York reported on Wednesday.
As of Wednesday night, the structure is listed as “currently closed” on its website.
- Louisiana governor increases sentence commutations in 2020
- 12-year-old track star goes viral, gains attention from ESPN
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- Trouble breathing, tooth loss: Some COVID-19 patients face lasting effects
- Is there life after death? Businessman offers nearly $1 million to find out