Ohio State University (NBC)(02/12/20)— Two Ohio State University football players have been charged with kidnapping and rape, according to arrest warrants filed in court Tuesday.
Buckeyes cornerback Amir Riep and safety Jahsen Wint have been charged with two felonies, rape with threat of force, and kidnapping to engage in sexual activity, Franklin County Municipal Court documents show. The records do not include further details about the alleged crimes, which were said to have happened Feb. 4.
“We are aware that two of our students have been arrested and criminally charged,” Ohio State said in a statement Tuesday night. “They have been suspended from all activities involving the football program. We will share more information when available.”
Riep played in 13 games last season, recording 20 tackles and two interceptions. Wint also played in 13 games and made nine tackles, including a quarterback sack.
It was not immediately clear late Tuesday whether they had retained lawyers.
- Weekend Forecast – Sunday, September 27th
- LSU Falls In Home Opener, 1-0
- Local woman receives letter to pay back overpayment on unemployment benefits
- Ouachita Parish Public Library hosts Downtown Storytime Stroll during October
- Grandma dubbed ‘Zoom Karen’ goes viral after interrupting virtual class to blast BLM, Obama