Florida (CNN) (07/15/20)— The Big Aristotle lent a big hand to a motorist in Florida who was stranded alongside a stretch of Interstate 75 outside of Gainesville on Monday.
WESH 2 News shared dashcam footage from the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office that showed Shaquille O’Neal on the scene where a woman had stopped her vehicle because of a blown tire.
“He stopped to check on the welfare of the driver and remained with her until law enforcement arrived,” the sheriff’s office said of O’Neal in a Facebook post. “He fist-bumped Deputies Purington and Dillon before going on his way.”
O’Neal started his career with the Orlando Magic and previously owned a home in Windermere, Florida.
The Hall of Famer knows a thing or two about law enforcement, too, after the Broward Sheriff’s Office deputized him in March 2019.
- Wreck in Farmerville leads to temporary road closure
- Citizens group says 2,500 new police officers needed in Tijuana
- Almost 600 voters cast their ballots on the first day of early voting in Union County
- Saints still searching for ‘perfect game’
- Sparks KIA in Monroe gives COVID-19 face shields to teachers at two elementary schools