Florida (CNN) (07/15/20)— The Big Aristotle lent a big hand to a motorist in Florida who was stranded alongside a stretch of Interstate 75 outside of Gainesville on Monday.
WESH 2 News shared dashcam footage from the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office that showed Shaquille O’Neal on the scene where a woman had stopped her vehicle because of a blown tire.
“He stopped to check on the welfare of the driver and remained with her until law enforcement arrived,” the sheriff’s office said of O’Neal in a Facebook post. “He fist-bumped Deputies Purington and Dillon before going on his way.”
O’Neal started his career with the Orlando Magic and previously owned a home in Windermere, Florida.
The Hall of Famer knows a thing or two about law enforcement, too, after the Broward Sheriff’s Office deputized him in March 2019.
- Junior Elk Herd hosts racial progression conference Sunday
- Emmanuel Sanders eyeing another Super Bowl victory
- Junction City High School football team confirms two positive COVID-19 cases
- Four Corners Global Outreach renovates Jonesboro park using a grant from local bank
- Lone Wa worship center donates food to the community