FLOWOOD, Miss. (WNCN) – Two Mississippi men face felony charges after police said they used glue to attach winning numbers to a lottery ticket in an attempt to win $100,000.
Odis Latham, age 47, and Russell Sparks, age 48, both of Columbus, Mississippi, used super glue to attach winning numbers to a losing ticket, police said.
They attempted to cash the ticket on Monday, the Mississippi Lottery said.
The Flowood Police Department said both men have been charged with conspiracy to commit a felony and uttering counterfeit instrument over $1,000.
Latham was also charged with false identifying information.
Both suspects are being held at the Rankin County Jail with no bond.
They’re both scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, January 7.
- Teen killed in Friday night shooting, Magnolia police investigating
- Top 5 Matchup: Saints passing defense vs. Falcons passing offense
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- JKC Cleaning Service offers businesses and residents a solution in fighting against COVID-19