Long Island, New York (CNN) (05/22/20)— A Long Island man was stabbed and killed by his son during a Zoom video chat with several people Thursday, Suffolk County Police announced.
Dwight Powers was on the video call when his son, Thomas Scully-Powers, stabbed him at about 12:04 P.M. in Amityville, police said.
Several members of the video chat called 911 after the incident, police added.
Scully-Powers, age 32, fled the scene and was arrested about an hour later and charged with murder in the second degree, police said in a statement.
He will be transported to a local hospital to be treated for minor injuries he got from jumping out of a window, police said.
Authorities are not releasing further information about the incident at this time.
CNN has reached out to Zoom for comment.
- Edwards signs business tax breaks passed in special session
- Coronavirus in Louisiana: State reports 2,089 new cases, 14 new deaths on Wednesday
- News outlets seek to unseal files on Saints owner Tom Benson
- South Louisiana prison guard arrested in contraband probe
- Arrest Report: West Monroe man refuses to mask up at Walmart, hits officer with vehicle