St. Louis, Missouri (KTVI) (06/02/20)— Four police officers were shot in St. Louis late Monday night in a violent evening where protests over police brutality escalated.
The injuries are believed to be non-life threatening.
Demonstrations which had been peaceful earlier in the day, including marches at the Gateway Arch and later onto I-64 downtown turned violent later, with looting and fires reported throughout the city.
The officers were believed to have been shot not far from police department headquarters.
An overnight news conference with Police Chief John Hayden was expected at the hospital where at least some of the officers were taken.
- Union Parish Sheriff’s Office arrest suspect in Tuesday morning homicide
- G.B. Cooley asks voters to check ‘yes’ on their tax renewal proposition
- Barr: No evidence of widespread voter fraud
- Trump files lawsuit challenging Wisconsin election results
- LIVE: US panel to decide who should get first COVID-19 vaccine shots