TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A Florida man and some of his friends were rooting for the Tampa Bay Lightning a little too loudly Wednesday night, prompting a visit from law enforcement.
Deputies with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office arrived at the home of 26-year-old Devon Garnett after neighbors reported someone screaming “shoot!”
“I wanted [Victor] Hedman to shoot the puck, so I screamed, ‘Shoot! Shoot!'” Garnett said.
Deputies told the friends they had received a call about a potential domestic dispute.
“We were just trying to scream for Steven Stamkos,” Garnett said. “Who would call the cops? Did they not know the Lightning were playing?”
Garnett said for future games, he’ll clarify and say “shoot the puck” to avoid any problems.
- Top 5 Matchup: Saints passing defense vs. Falcons passing offense
- Biden officially secures enough electors to become president after California certifies
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- JKC Cleaning Service offers businesses and residents a solution in fighting against COVID-19
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications